How to Perfectly Manage a PPC Campaign
In the world of search engine marketing (SEM), a growing number of marketers are turning to PPC campaigns. That’s how Google has significantly grown its advertising revenue every year. In 2021, Google’s advertising revenue accounted for 81% of Alphabet’s overall sales.
Pay-per-click or PPC campaigns lead to nearly guaranteed ad placement in the search engine result pages. Well-run PPC campaigns help you generate leads. And if your ads tool is tightly integrated with your CRM, you can use insights from your ads’ data to nurture leads across their buying journey.
What is a PPC Campaign?
A PPC campaign is a search engine marketing strategy where you create an ad that targets certain keywords and pay for it by the click. Marketers often build these campaigns using platforms like Google Ads and Microsoft Ads.
So, how can you win a PPC campaign? Start by crafting the right strategy and learning the management missteps you’ll want to avoid.
How to Build a PPC Campaign Strategy
- Determine your PPC campaign structure.
- Identify, build, and refine your campaign’s landing pages.
- Create a keyword strategy based on your research.
- Create ads based on insights from the steps above.
- Share your campaign plan with stakeholders.
Here are a few ways marketers go wrong with PPC campaign management:
- Building one basic campaign without using Google Ads’ Ad Groups tool.
- Coming up with keywords by relying on gut feeling instead of doing research.
- Not adding “negative keywords” or monitoring campaigns to avoid wasting budget.
- Using unengaging landing pages, or a homepage that generates no leads for the campaign.
- Creating campaigns, setting budget caps, and going live without informing internal or external stakeholders.
What is PPC management?
Pay-per-click or PPC management is managing and monitoring of a company’s pay-per-click ad spend and campaigns. Typically handled by marketing teams or a marketing agency, PPC management strategies entail using keywords to optimize results.
Start Your PPC Campaign Today
PPC management is all about researching, budgeting, testing, reporting, repeating what works, and ditching what produces no or less ROI. You don’t have to do it alone. With the right tools and instructions outlined in this guide, you’ll be able to implement a PPC campaign that yields results for your business. Read the full blog on our partner HubSpot’s website.
Need help with your PPC Campaigns or PPC Management? Contact us today to learn more about how Goose Digital can help.